It is very important that Sikh children born in European countries to learn their mother tongue language. Because Punjabi is mother tongue of Punjab, as Punjabi is the language of the Sikh religion. Through learning Punjabi, the children gain knowledge and understanding of Sikh culture and spiritual heritage and develop a strong tie with Punjab, the birth place of Sikhism.
Importantly, the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is written in Gurmukhi language an only through learning Gurmukhi and understanding Punjabi that a Sikhs and their children can fully participate in worship of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji in Sangat.
Gurdwara Sahib provides professional tutor for teaching classes which are held every week days in the basement hall of the Gurdwara
Class Times are :
- Punjabi Beginners Class :- Sunday – 12noon -1pm
- Punjabi Intermediate Class :- Sunday – 1pm – 2pm
- Punjabi GSCE Class Sunday – 2pm – 3.30pm
- Religious Music Class Monday 6.30pm – 8pm
- Keertan Class Wednesday 6.30pm – 8pm
- Gurbani Santhia & Rehraas Sahib Ji – Thursday 5pm- 7pm
- Rehraas Sahib Ji – Daily from 6pm – 6.30pm Ardas Sukhasan